Friday 27 February 2009

Here come The Classics


Photo: Here comes my brother.
The most inspiring, powerful and sometimes brutal races start this weekend with the Het Niewsblad (Previously Het Volk). The sight of the Quickstep and Lotto powerhouses training on the cobbles is enough to send a shiver down your spine and looks like it'll be a slug out between the two teams. If you feel the Tour of California was largely overhyped, the spring classics should be enough to restore your faith.

I think there's a live feed here Sporza.be... although my language skills are of the talk louder and point variety. Great clips of past races in the multimedia section too, powerful camera work in the Lion of Flanders clip.

I'm tipping Lief Hoste to win, although I'm going to tip him for every race this spring until he manages to win one.